AT&T Says Apple has No New iPhone This Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
think apple is takeing gameing section seriously, and wants to a complete upset and screw over the ngp, so they are waiting on a more main stream quad core, apposed to the geard down cell?

Thunderfox

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
Bug what will all the hipsters waste their money on?! It's the end of the world!

Seriously though, when you only have one product, releasing a new version every year is rather silly when there isn't that much new technology out there that you can pack into it. They ought to wait at least two years so that tech can progress more with each cycle, and so that it will coincide with the end of people's two year contracts.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Um...so what? What would be the point in releasing a new phone now? Are our attention spans so short and our wallets so fat that we must have a new gizmo every few days in order to survive?

I am amazed that this "non-news" is even presented here.

G

I for one am glad this article's out. I am due for an upgrade in summer, and because I got schnaied by my mobile operator last time I ended up with a 3GS about two months before the 4 came out. Not happy. So next upgrade I'm waiting for the one that's "post-4". Even if it means I have to wait.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]Thunderfox[/nom]Bug what will all the hipsters waste their money on?! It's the end of the world!Seriously though, when you only have one product, releasing a new version every year is rather silly when there isn't that much new technology out there that you can pack into it. They ought to wait at least two years so that tech can progress more with each cycle, and so that it will coincide with the end of people's two year contracts.[/citation]

Ever heard of Moore's law?
This is simply how quickly this industry progresses. Not updating your product every year means competing against 12 months newer technology.

G

If they delay it I'm switching to Android. Going from a regular phone to the iPhone was pure awesome for me at the time, however I have only invested about $10 into itunes content and those new phones look pretty good.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
September isn't exactly about of "summer"..and all i hear about is the new iphone 5 being released in september, so i think we should wait until then for such vague speculation.

doughff

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2010
I believe a past article here has said that production of the new iPhone will start in September. So yeah, not exactly summer.

G

Verizon is the largest US carrier in terms of customers and coverage. Check your facts, THW.

Status
Not open for further replies.