AT&T Says It Can Accurately Track P2P-Shared Content

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Privacy on the net is a myth to begin with. It was only a matter of time.

fatboytyler

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
VPNs and configure your torrent client to block every incoming connection known to be associated with AT&T. Bam. Once again you say screw you to the spying agencies. Pieces of garbage is what they are...

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
Well it's good that I don't use torrents then as they are against my religion. LOL.

And for anything you don't want somebody knowing you're searching for, just use something like TOR or a VPN. VPN is faster out of the gate but costs $7-15 per month, while TOR just keeps getting better the more of us use it and turn on features that add to the network's bandwidth. Set yourself up as a Relay, even if for only 50kb/s etc. Anything helps speed the whole network up.
https://www.torproject.org/docs/tor-doc-relay.html.en
Don't like the govt watching you? USE TOR! IT's free.

This means legitimate company will be watch if they use p2p to transfert files to there costumer,this include motherboard maker and other even the game maker ,The isp provider dont want to invest in the system to fulfill the need of there costumer but to reduce the band with so they could get more money without giving better service .What all those legitimate maker think about this new system from AT&T i would be nice to hear from them .

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
I'm thinking that they are lying. If their 'technology' can determine who is on the other end of a wireless network connection? Then they are using the Eye of Sauron, which only exists in books.

majudhu

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Just yesterday PirateBay had an event that says Piracy is not Piracy. The internet is meant to be free. I support Cory Doctorow and Lawrence Lessig's Idea

godnodog

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
Apparently I can´t vote up or down, reloaded pages several time, please fix this.

On the article, ATnT can be sued, because they are still downloading illegal stuff even if to check if it´s legit or not, now I use it to exercise my right by law (Portugal) to have a safety backup because I own a licence, does ATnT own a copy?

das_stig

Distinguished
So do AT&T have permission from every software publisher to download their software via P2P or is it another case of government turning a blind eye to big business.

bogdylan

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013
It's called PeerBlock. Since AT&T are using their own resources (read: IPs) to probe torrents, simply block the IPs. Or use private trackers, like a big boy.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
"Don't like the govt watching you? USE TOR! IT's free."
Bahahahah. Setting up a TOR endpoint will get you MORE scrutiny from the feds, not less. Only leeches get anonymity, and the ones who support the network take the heat. Tragedy of the commons in 3... 2... 1...

Status
Not open for further replies.