AT&T to Charge $20 for iPhone Hotspot Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Well, bend over Canada. We're getting this for free, but I guarantee we'll get it from the backside someplace else!

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
keep nikel and diming your customers at&t most the peopel i knwo who had iphones have already changes to verixon now ... and its because of things like this

starryman

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
AT&T blows monkey butt. I went back to them 3 times over the last decade. Last time was in 2009. They are crap. Sprint, Verizon, TMobile... but never AT&T.

tomcatant9

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
its funny how everyone is reporting that this will cost $20. I have call Apple and ATT multiple times and have been told the same thing consistently. IT IS FREE!

andrewpmathias

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
[citation][nom]hoofhearted[/nom]This is stupid. If you jailbreak and use mywi, this is free all around.[/citation]

Agreed. Same with android, why pay $20/mo. either on AT&T or Verizon for mobile hotspot when if you root it and use Wireless Tether, it's totally free and cost's nothing.

TheKurrgan

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
Here's the real kicker: There is no way to keep an unlimited data plan and add tethering any more. So, I say bollocks to that, everyone use their minds, and take what we are entitled to with out further rape from the already huge and wealthy conglomerate AT&T. Jailbreak the iPhone or mod the android, tether for free.

wolfseeker2828

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
Good news for MyWi users, you can already do this for....what is it, a $15, one-time free? And you can crack it for free too. So, good job Apple -.-

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
What I want to know is how does the carrier even know? Unless it's something built into the software.

A friend of mine says tether costs extra on her plan on Vodafone here in the UK, but she uses the Wi-Fi hotspot feature in Android Froyo without any problems - it all just counts towards her data usage.

DaddyW123

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
Yup, I work for a similarly stupid big business. Completely different product, but when the economy went to crap, they said "we are not making any money because people aren't buying - so we need to jack up our prices for those that are to cover ourselves"... all the while, our competaters were getting all of our old customers... who puts these idiots in charge? If you make your products more easily available and attractive - more people will buy it, and you will make huge profits in the long run. it's a win-win. No brainer right? Well apparently these execs don't have brains.

Status
Not open for further replies.