AT&T to Get Dell Phone and Two Palm Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

invisik

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2008
Don't tell me the already slow network will go even slower adding hungry bandwidth eating smartphones.

ch42832n

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2003
AT&T...what are they thinking?! New phones would not solve their under par performance network and customers defection and switch to Verizon.
What they need to do is upgrade their network to handle the load.

G

I have no problem with my "UNDER PAR performance", I've been happy with ATT and don't plan on switching anytime soon. There is seriously nothing good that comes out of here when an article is posted regarding the IPHONE or ATT.... why? I'm pretty sure there is millions of happy customers, enough with your senseless bashing.

CChick

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
Better than your

OMFG I HAVE TO PAY 299 for a garbage phone that couldn't even run Flash cuz Steve Jobs knows his shit is underpowered just like AT&T's network AND LOCKED INTO 2 Years of Fuxking suck shit contract and you are paying 35 bux a month for garbage data service and 30%+ drop call rate ROFL

go fuck yourself

tonewheelmonster

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
You can't explain anything to these folks. AT&T sucks and it always will. Never mind that I don't drop calls on their network and I can quickly look things up on the internet, that doesn't matter cause AT&T suX!!1!

RooD

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2004
Att sucks where I live but it works for you, cheers. Also I'm just happy to see android picking up momentum, its the future. And the dell android sounds meh

Tedders

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
I have some dropped calls with ATT, but not enough to make me switch. Right now, ATT is the only company in my area with 3G, and its pretty damn fast.

njalterio

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
[nom]Jane McEntegart[/nom]Android-powered Mini 3

I HATE when the marketing folks say a product is "powered" by something (processor, OS, etc.) that does not transfer energy! Android is not powering anything!

And yes, I agree with the rest of the comments here. ATT's no-coverage network and Dell's reputation for failure prone hardware is a match made it crap-ville.

npaladin2000

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
The guy didn't say the devices would improve the 3G experience, he said it WOULD BE improved when they launch. Which sounds to me like they're planning on beefing up the 3G network before releasing these. Which is appropriate, because AT&T has been too busy until now sucking up to Apple.

Now we finally see some REAL smartphones on the horizon, and I can't wait for them: I've been ignoring the iPhone because I hate "virtual" keyboards. I've been dying for an Android choice, though I remember my Palm III and Treos ever so fondly, and may give WebOS a shot instead.

Incidentally, 3G in my area has worked great, for being stuck on a Windows Mobile smartphone (though the Propel Pro could be worse...).

beergoggles

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
/me loves it when new fancy phones come to market. I get pumped thinking of the new features the next iPhone will include to compete just in time for my 2 yr contract to end so I can jump on board. I skipped the 3Gs generation. Yay for competition!

tonewheelmonster

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Yeah these android offerings look sweet (dell looks pretty lame though). I have an iphone right now but as soon as android matures a bit and they get a capacitive phone i'm there

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS