AT&T to Soon Throttle Unlimited Data Plan Speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamab

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2010
It's "Network Constraints" = them not investing in their own infrastructure. Maybe instead of just doing routine maintenance, you and ever other company should be upgrading your networks to contain more fiber.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
These companies really need to invest some of their record profits back into their infrastructure.

By their own logic, they should credit back users who don't utilize their full plan.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
Strange that there is so little competition in the chip market, yet there seems to be an understanding that unless you push forward with better processors, you will eventually get left behind... Yet with the phone industry, there is the understanding that if you don't invest in your own products, it isn't a problem until someone else threatens to take away your market share...

You know whose fault this is: Customers... Customers who agree to greedy 2 year contracts... Customers need to learn how to say no to contracts, so that these companies have incentive to keep upgrading their products, less market forces take their business away...

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
Actually I am agreeing with AT&T here... If you have 5% of users using 12x the amount of data than the average of the remaining 95% and congesting their networks (mostly just in the areas of the 5%) then it is time to throttle the 5%. This isn't economics, this is the two kids in class that take up 90% of the teachers time...

The Greater Good

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
[citation][nom]shanky887614[/nom]glad i live in the uk[/citation]

For mobile data, sure. What about gas, food and electronic toys? Glad I live in the US. :)

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
blessed, you are so nieve

most people that have smartphones dont know how to use them,

some people like me watch vids on them that use a lot of data (i know i mainly use it on wifi at home)

i get 300 txts and 500mb as a bonus for topping up 10 pounds so i do fine

redhotbd

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
They probably have all their attention focused on expanding the network for their U-Verse Internet project. I've seen AT&T out where I live running cable for it and Comcast, (oop, scuse me, Xfinity, lol) has started running commercials that discourage their customers from switching to U-Verse.

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
well lets make it easy for people to understand

buissness's pay politicians so they can do what they want or in other words they are ALL CORUPT

even winston churchill was corrupt and accepted bribes

SlickyFats

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
I have unlimited and I used nearly 15Gb last month (typical is 5-10). If they throttle my internet I will make every effort I can to use copious amounts of data that exceed my current usage.

G

What's stupid is that only 5% of user's go over that limit but within 1-3 years most of us will be where they are because of cloud technology, movies and games they use more space etc.

bystander

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
You have to feel for these companies. With the explosion of smart phones, they are having difficulties keeping up. I believe I saw in another one of these articles that data usages has increased by 800% over the last 2-3 years. It's hard to keep up with that kind of increase.

jamesmoore4

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2009
[citation][nom]whysobluepandabear[/nom]WELCOME TO FABULOUS CAPITALIST AMERICA - LAND WHERE CORPORATIONS ARE FREE, AND POLITICIANS AND THE PEOPLE ARE YOUR SLAVES TO DO THY BIDDING! But seriously, I'm slowing starting to see no difference between Communism and Capitalism. Communism, the Government runs the show. Capitalism the corporations run the show - and also buy out the politicians.[/citation]

At least corporations have to get you to GIVE them your money. The government just TAKES it.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
By this logic, the bottom 5% should be refunded the cost of their data plan. No? Well, if it wasn't already obvious that AT&T doesn't give a crap about their customers, and only wants to milk their wallets dry, it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS