AT&T's Case Against Verizon Dismissed

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shamgar

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
hey tonewheelmonster i live in the area you travel all the time and you do realize that you can purchase an external antenna to mount to your house, or your van or whatever you like right? check out www.3gstore.com they have all the info you would need. you can purchase an amplifier for your signal as well, and then you would realize that the maps work and the coverage works as well. you do realize that the area here is flat and the trees can block the signal right? so if you buy an external antenna, like an omni antenna, you will have much better service.

trust me, i know internets. i have the external setup at my own home.

tonewheelmonster

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Nice i'll check that out. I have absolutely no control over putting an antenna on my van unless I want to lose my job which is a shame. One of my co-workers used to be a cop and they had those boosters on his patrol car and he swears by them. Of course when he tried to tell that to the corporate heads where I work they just blew him off. It's a shame when they can't even listen to feedback from the people who are out there using the technology.

As for putting an antenna on my house I have no need. I have 5 bars of ATT 3g

A little off topic but I did recently build a wifi antenna out of a can of bushes baked beans. Now that is a fine piece of engineering

G

nalerian :
Here's my issue with Verizon's commercials, it shows that they have 3G coverage in Alaska (specifically Fairbanks) and that AT&T does not. Verizon does not offer service at all in Alaska and there is no 3G coverage for anyone, at all in this city. AT&T has service here, and 3G in Anchorage (and soon Fairbanks, supposedly)... so Verizon is blatantly lying (either about their coverage altogether or that it is 3G coverage).

ACS does have 3g service up here in fairbanks and verizon is partners with them since they are both cdma. so verizon customers will have 3g service in fairbanks through ACS's network

Status
Not open for further replies.