Atheros Wifi Adapter Issue

LakeWild

Estimable
Aug 2, 2015
I accidentally flipped the wifi switch on the side of my ASUS gaming laptop, which in turn, shut off the wifi. However when i turn the switch back to ON my wireless adapter (Atheros AR928x) continues to stay off. I've gone through the troubleshooting menu and it tells me the wifi adapter is off even though the switch clearly is in the ON position. So then i tried the fn+f2 trick but that doesn't effect anything. I'm assuming it's a physical issue but i'd rather not take apart the laptop to get to the adapter. Any help is welcomed. Thanks!

Hi,

It could be that the wireless adapter driver had been disabled. Open Device Manager then expand Network Adapters and right click on Wireless adapter and see if you have an option to Enable it. If that doesn't work uninstall and reinstall the wireless adapter driver. Go back to Device Manager then uninstall the wireless adapter and reboot the laptop, that should reinstall the driver automatically after the reboot. Lastly, perform a System Restore put it back to the date or time before the problem happen.