Ati 5870 on laptops?? When??

TheComposer

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
Hi, just wanted to know if you know, when will we be able to see the ATI HD 5870 on a laptop?

What´s the "average time" between the release of a desktop graphics card and its mobile equivalent?

Thanks

UserXVI

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010

I expect 06 bench to be at-least 15000, being My Guesstimate on Official 5870 core setting and not those Asus under-clocks we are so used to)

I am very interested in the final resulting numbers and after release benches and furmarks!

UserXVI

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010

Yes and I cant wait to see 2010 New technology, 2009 was so slow and bland, disappointing in one word.

Ultra portable is going to be great, GPU/CPU technology is said to be on the verge of Renaissance, Intel Nvidia and ATI the big players and a few newcomers taking a helping hand instead of direct entrance into the market could prove to be very interesting this turn around.

Nvidia, the 1200 pound GPU guerrilla smashed by ATI at the beginning of this year, Im very interesting how they are going to play their game this year, because this ones gonna resemble Intel VS AMD in 2007 if they don't...

It Has to be a good year for tech, It has to be.