Attach cable for tv and sound bar

rramey54

Prominent
Oct 15, 2017
Greetings,
Have a digital optical audio cable for attach tv and sound bar.
The square lighted hole does not seem to fit the square ends of cable. Also each end has an attachment / extension that can be used that look like a bishop (chess) round but dont fit square lighted hole.
I lined up the little wings/guides on both but it still will not fit the square hole.
What am I doing wrong ?
Thanks,
Richard

The extension is for portable optical connections which use a round hole. You don't need them in this case.
The "square" at the end of the cable has two corners cut off so you have to orient it correctly. It should just snap in with a click. It's not an electrical connection, it just holds the optical tube in place so doesn't need to be really tight. You could remove the ends and just tape it in place and it would work fine.
It could be that the cable is just not correctly designed.

The extension is for portable optical connections which use a round hole. You don't need them in this case.
The "square" at the end of the cable has two corners cut off so you have to orient it correctly. It should just snap in with a click. It's not an electrical connection, it just holds the optical tube in place so doesn't need to be really tight. You could remove the ends and just tape it in place and it would work fine.
It could be that the cable is just not correctly designed.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Audio 1
R Audio 3
B Audio 3
S Audio 1
P Audio 1
V Audio 2
T Audio 1
S Audio 1
S Audio 1
nwgamelover Audio 1
F Audio 3