Audio adapter splitter doesn't work

Gammaman

Estimable
Mar 27, 2015
I recently bought an adapter splitter for my laptop because it only has 1 audio jack and my headphone has separate jacks for the speaker and microphone. But when plug it in Realtek HD Audio Manager can only detect 1.

So when i plug it one by one the Realtek will ask again what device it is and can only read the one i just plugged.

How do i make my mic and headset work? Please help.

Shaun o

Distinguished
I`m not quiet sure what you mean.

But if you have a 2.5mm jack input, for speaker or headphones.
And also a 2.5mm jack input for a microphone.

And you have two jacks on your headset one for speakers and the other one for the mic.

Plug them both into your laptop.
Right click on your sound icon next to your time on windows desktop.

You should see the headset listed in playback devices.
Right click and select it as the default communications device.

You should get sound through the headset.
If you right click again on the speaker icon, and select recording devices.

The headset should be listed in there also.
You can set the recording volume of the mic on the headset from there or increase the gain of the mic as an advanced option.

A headset with a built in mic should always be set as a default communications device in windows. if it uses two 2.5mm jacks one for the speakers of the headset and the other for the mic.

Once set, the next time you plug both the jacks into the laptop it should work right each time.

If you laptop only has one jack input then it will just be for playback, buying a splitter and connecting the mic jack and the headphones speakers to it will not work.

Your only other solution if you wish to use a mic and headset setup on the laptop is to buy a usb headset and mic setup providing you have a free usb port on the laptop. To see what I am talking about click on the link bellow as an example of a usb headset and mic.

http://www.onedirect.co.uk/sennheiser/sennheiser-pc-8-usb-pc-headset?gclid=Cj0KEQiAvuWyBRDO_Yzhpv_4nvEBEiQANBdXMpq9IEAdAi3b6hM2M9ZGo_Y4s96Fmtf3XCzsjjbtIhgaAv3H8P8HAQ&LGWCODE=SEPC8USB%3b55331%3b2389

Gammaman

Estimable
Mar 27, 2015

I plugged them both in with the splitter but the realtek window always opens when i do it and asks what device is plugged. and it will can only read 1 so i have to choose either headset speaker or mic in and i cant skip it.

I tried uninstalling the Realtek drivers then no sound came our from my headset.