Audio Buzzing/feedback from monitor. X58 Sabertooth Mobo

publicenemy219

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
Hello, Im having an issue with sound interference. Just recently, I have been getting an annoying, loud buzzing sound from my speakers on my monitor When I connect the green AV cables and continues to make the sound regardless if i mute the system.

I've tried several things such as: disabled my Mic, moved any phones that were close by away, take out power to the TV and other electronics, but still no help.

I have A VIZIO 32' M320NV. and a Viewsonic Monitor. I'm pretty sure the problem isn't either the TV or monitor because I get the same interference when I connect speakers to the PC.

My Specs for my PC are

Sabertooth x58Mobo
Intel 17 970
1 Geforce GTX 570

If anyone has some suggestions as to what I should do, please let me know. This issue is extremely annoying, and I can't seem to get rid of it. I am currently doing an advance RMA on the board hoping it is the board but I doubt it.

I have also considered buying high end Green audio cables to see if those would help. This issues persists even when I bring the computer to my college dorm, so I doubt its something in my room causing this interference.

The high end cables probably won't help. It sounds like a ground loop problem.

So what you need to do is buy a 3 prong to 2 prong adapter for the TV (don't use the the wire for ground on it, if it has one) and plug it in to the wall outlet. This will most likely solve it unless something else might be also causing the ground loop. You may need more, basically within the loop of components you have, only one has to be grounded.

Then again I never had this problem since I bought some decent Universal Power Supplies years ago( Always good to have!). I'm not sure that is the answer, but it worked for me.

publicenemy219

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
I tried that and it didn't work. also tried a soundcard and no go. I can hear the static from the speakers before I even plug in the cord. If it gets close to the I/O the static comes in.