Audio buzzing when open a powerpoint

Mohd Kanaffi

Commendable
Apr 14, 2016
I'm trying to find a solution for this. Whenever i plug any windows laptop to play any video, it's ok BUT the moment i open up a powerpoint, there will be a buzzing sound emitting.Even if i minimize the pp, the buzz will still be there but minimal. Is it has something to do with the audio cable? Have you encounter such matters, if so do you have a solution for me, i'll be very grateful

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to try a different speaker or headset and see if the same problem will persist.
- If it will still happen using a different headset or speaker, uninstall/reinstall the sound card driver.
- Open Device Manager and uninstall the Sound card driver.
- Reboot the laptop once uninstalled and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- After the reboot, do test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.

Hopefully this will help. :)

Mohd Kanaffi

Commendable
Apr 14, 2016

Mr_Beers

Commendable
Apr 18, 2016
I have a similar issue. When connected to external speakers trhough the 3.5 phono jack and Powerpoint 2016 is in SlideShow... Slides with static content have a nasty buzz soundtrack. When you blank the slide - press the B key - it stops. Reveal the slide and it starts again. If you have a video content embedded slide with black background, no buzz. White template background: buzz. Hide background graphics? No buzz. Weird. Doesn't happen through laptop speakers, through headphones or with any other applications. Perplexing.

Mohd Kanaffi

Commendable
Apr 14, 2016

Mohd Kanaffi

Commendable
Apr 14, 2016
I see...seems like there is unlikely a permanent solution to this problem. Anyway tq Mr Beers for your outputs. I do hope there will be more people out there who could share new info & hopefully someone come up with a solution.