audio channels issue

beat_1

Prominent
May 23, 2017
is this possible that while my laptop is playing a track can i hear it with two different devices ,with two different channels from one sound card on my laptop?

Solution
one jack on laptop..
probably a 4pole 3.5mm with combined mic and headphone. this would be typical.

two jacks on soundcard...
sounds like a standard 3.5mm 3pole jack for headphone and another jack for microphone. again, typical.

if i understand you correctly, you have headphones connected to one jack (lets say the laptop) and stuidio monitors connected up to the other (say the usb soundcard) but want both to play at the same time?

windows by default does not allow two devices to play at the same time. nowhere in the settings will it allow this unless a program specifically bypasses this and allows it. using a program like virtual audio cable (or the various free variants of this program.. google search for alternatives) should give...
what? how you stated that is very confusing so you will need to clarify.

what i think you are trying to say is..

-you have a stereo (left and right) audio file that you are playing on pc.
-you want to play on two different sets of speakers (left and right) speakers at the same time

is this correct?

beat_1

Prominent
May 23, 2017
i wanna say ,i have one 3.5mm jack on my laptop so i bought an extrnal sound card(usb soundcard) now i have 2 jackks for output and one jack for mic in the soundcard included...
now i want to play the same track from one jack output connected to my headphones and other jack output connected to my monitors(stereo) from the jack on soundcard ...

is this possible and i know it is..but it's not working in my laptop(asus A555l)...sounds setting..

one jack on laptop..
probably a 4pole 3.5mm with combined mic and headphone. this would be typical.

two jacks on soundcard...
sounds like a standard 3.5mm 3pole jack for headphone and another jack for microphone. again, typical.

if i understand you correctly, you have headphones connected to one jack (lets say the laptop) and stuidio monitors connected up to the other (say the usb soundcard) but want both to play at the same time?

windows by default does not allow two devices to play at the same time. nowhere in the settings will it allow this unless a program specifically bypasses this and allows it. using a program like virtual audio cable (or the various free variants of this program.. google search for alternatives) should give you the ability to use both at once.

Solution