Audio home theatre system connection to a pc

Lussty

Honorable
Oct 28, 2013
Hello, i do have some old home theatre system around, it is a samsung,is 5+1, and it has 2 cables that i must plug them into my pc to play music . One is red one is white. There are the only jacked connectors. I must plug them into an Asrock fx990 extreme 3 . i have allready headphones, mic in and the line out for the headphones are taken then. i do have some other connection on the mobo, but i really dont know where i must plug those 2 cables from my home theatre.

nthreem

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012
What kind of headphones are you using? Are they amplified? I'm asking because you are using the line-out jack for the headphones. The line-out jack is typically reserved for connection to an amplifier, such as your home theatre system.

In any case, you need a cable that will convert the Red and White "RCA" connection to a 3.5mm round jack that will plug into the line-out of your motherboard.

Adapter for use with an existing RCA cable:
http://www.amazon.com/3-5mm-Stereo-Plug-Dual-Adapter/dp/B0002KR5Q0

Full cable solution:
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?ab3=b&utm_expid=58369800-11.R-enhtUGRrSdHz5vzpVS2g.1&c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021804&p_id=665&seq=1&format=2&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 7
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
shiva.ram54 Streaming Video & TVs 4
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 2
F Streaming Video & TVs 3
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 3
J Streaming Video & TVs 3