logan_10

Estimable
Dec 25, 2015
So today I unplugged my earbuds and plugged my head set in to my front audio jack (I already had the microphone for the headset plugged in) and as I did so I showed that I didn't have a microphone plugged in and I couldn't hear anything so I unplugged my headset from the audio jack and plugged my earbuds back in to see if I could get sound from them and I still couldn't so I uninstall and reinstall my onboard sound car drivers and turn my computer off and back on and it's still not working but when I put my audio plug half way in the jack I can hear and when I plug it in completely I have to pull down on the plug it self for it to work properly and if I don't I can't hear and it shows that I don't have a microphone plugged in either.

Solution
Sounds like the 3.5mm jack is in need of replacing:
iu

Basically the connectors are not making contact inside the jack without applying sideways tension.

Some case manufacturers can send a new one for replacement, or use a standard one that can be bought online:

https://www.moddiy.com/products/3.5mm-1%7B47%7D8-Female-Audio-Connector-5-Pin-DIP-Stereo-Headphone-Jack.html?gclid=CO_4tObE69ACFde3wAodBVQCRw

Edit: If replacing it isn't an option, but before replacing the whole case, you can also look at 3.5" or 5.25" bay kits for front audio.....or just...

logan_10

Estimable
Dec 25, 2015
MERGED QUESTION
Question from logan_10 : "Audio jack issue"

So today I unplugged my earbuds and plugged my head set in to my front audio jack (I already had the microphone for the headset plugged in) and as I did so I showed that I didn't have a microphone plugged in and I couldn't hear anything so I unplugged my headset from the audio jack and plugged my earbuds back in to see if I could get sound from them and I still couldn't so I uninstall and reinstall my onboard sound car drivers and turn my computer off and back on and it's still not working but when I put my audio plug half way in the jack I can hear and when I plug it in completely I have to pull down on the plug it self for it to work properly and if I don't I can't hear and it shows that I don't have a microphone plugged in either.

Geekwad

Estimable
Sep 25, 2015
Sounds like the 3.5mm jack is in need of replacing:
iu

Basically the connectors are not making contact inside the jack without applying sideways tension.

Some case manufacturers can send a new one for replacement, or use a standard one that can be bought online:

https://www.moddiy.com/products/3.5mm-1%7B47%7D8-Female-Audio-Connector-5-Pin-DIP-Stereo-Headphone-Jack.html?gclid=CO_4tObE69ACFde3wAodBVQCRw

Edit: If replacing it isn't an option, but before replacing the whole case, you can also look at 3.5" or 5.25" bay kits for front audio.....or just use the back outputs and run an extension, of course.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/5-1-4-inch-bay-products/ultra-usb-media-dashboard-lcd-front-panel-card-reader-temperature-display.html

Solution

logan_10

Estimable
Dec 25, 2015
Alright so it needs replaced is there like a certain female 3.5 audio jack I need or is the one you linked good to use if it makes a difference I have a thermaltake case

Geekwad

Estimable
Sep 25, 2015
I would call TK and ask them with the specific case make and model number, which to use (or if they can send/sell the spare part).

You can also take the case apart and separate the solders. Once you have it off/out of the case it should be pretty easy to identify. then just solder the new one in.

logan_10

Estimable
Dec 25, 2015
Is there like a video of how to solder them like a basic video you could link me and I have the TK core v31 atx if that's help []and is it difficult to replace these jacks are is it just a matter of take the front of the case off and reinstalling it

Last edited by a moderator: