Audio jack woahs.

Lypher01

Estimable
Jun 15, 2015
My computer has a broken audio Jack stuck in the port. Have tried several methods to remove it and have had to disable the mic/audio ports to use regular speakers. I want to use headphones w/mic to play with friends. USB port is only option. Are there any headsets that only need USB port to work? I keep finding sets that use USB to light up only.

Solution
if none of the removal methods work, you always have the option of using another front bay device with headphone jacks on it which would connect up to the same audio header the current one uses. basically bypassing the borked jack.

yes, plenty of headsets are usb only.. the ones you want are those with internal soundcards to them. an example would be the g540 which while its an analog headphone (all are) it uses an external usb soundcard which connects via usb.

alternatively there are products like the xonar u3 and other usb soundcards which you could use any analog headphones or headsets with.. which would likely be a slightly better soundcard than some provided with headsets.

TLDR: yes.
if none of the removal methods work, you always have the option of using another front bay device with headphone jacks on it which would connect up to the same audio header the current one uses. basically bypassing the borked jack.

yes, plenty of headsets are usb only.. the ones you want are those with internal soundcards to them. an example would be the g540 which while its an analog headphone (all are) it uses an external usb soundcard which connects via usb.

alternatively there are products like the xonar u3 and other usb soundcards which you could use any analog headphones or headsets with.. which would likely be a slightly better soundcard than some provided with headsets.

TLDR: yes.

Solution