Audio not working

maxim7mvl

Prominent
Jan 12, 2018
Hi,

Yesterday my audio was working perfectly fine, but today when i started my PC the sound wouldn't work. I've tried restarting it, also tried removing the drivers and restarting but it doesn't work.
If i go to my Audio tab i see the the bar is getting green, but i don't hear anything in my headphones [https://ibb.co/f0r1Mh5]

does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,
Maxim

Solution
Same issue

Started after updating to the latest realtek_nahimic_audio_6.0.1.8581 driver.
You may have auto update turned on, which may be why you were unaware of the 23Dec18 update.

Thinking they'll get a hotfix out some time after the holidays.

USB sound devices are unaffected by this issue as they use separate drivers.

phaelax

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
Just to rule out the obvious, have you checked that the speakers didn't become unplugged or loose? Sound isn't muted? When sound is playing, does it show in the mixer that it's detecting audio? You can also check the sound settings and make sure the correct output is selected. Something plugged into the headphone jack can also disable speakers. I understand most of my questions sound like "duh I'm not an idiot", but I gotta ask just to eliminate the obvious.

maxim7mvl

Prominent
Jan 12, 2018
I did indeed already check this, my headset works on a other pc and the cable isn't loose. I've also checked the volume mixer, and it's indeed detecting audio.

Dec 24, 2018
Same issue

Started after updating to the latest realtek_nahimic_audio_6.0.1.8581 driver.
You may have auto update turned on, which may be why you were unaware of the 23Dec18 update.

Thinking they'll get a hotfix out some time after the holidays.

USB sound devices are unaffected by this issue as they use separate drivers.

Solution

maxim7mvl

Prominent
Jan 12, 2018

Is there a way to rewind the update, since i have autoupdate it went unnoticed.

Dec 24, 2018

• press the start, type in "device manager"
    once the device manager opens find "Sound, video and game controllers" and expand
    find the "realtek high definition audio" entry and double click
    On the window that opens, chose the tab "driver"
    click "roll back driver"

That should work, however it did NOT work on my system.

phaelax

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
Find a copy of an older driver online somewhere, I'm sure there are links out there. Remove the existing driver completely. Possibly need to reboot after removing it before you install the new (err older) driver.