Audio out, unuseable audio port

CayCay091

Estimable
Apr 16, 2015
I have an Acer Aspire Es1 series. The tip of my jack, for my speakers, broke inside of my audio out port. The port is soldered to my motherboard. I can't seem to find much information for my lap top. I dont have all the necessary tools to solder a new port, and dont have the time atm to open my computer up and get the motherboard info to replace it. Ive tried switching the device from "headphones" to "speaker out" in Reltek Audio Manager, with no luck. It worked when it first happened but i just recently installed Windows 8.1 Enterprise. All drivers are up to dateand every aspect of the computer is fine... any ideas?

makkem

Distinguished
Hi
You could try cutting the end off a cocktail stick to give a flat end,then put a dot of super glue on this and push it into the jack ,wait until the glue goes off then pull it out along with the tip of the jack.

CayCay091

Estimable
Apr 16, 2015
I havetried with the other end of the jack with no luck. Where it broke off, the tip in side had a post and i put superglue in the hole it left in the rest of the jack.