Solved! Audio problem on Windows 7

May 23, 2019
Okay, so this is a new problem that just started when using Skype. My g/f has an older laptop running Win 7. When we're logged in, she hears me perfectly but I hear tons of static and noise coming from her laptop. The problem goes away completely when she touches the lower left side of her laptop (just under the keyboard). When she takes her hand away, the noise and static returns. Could this be a grounding issue or something related? Any help would be appreciated!

Solution
If the noise goes away when she gently touches the laptop without applying any pressure then it does sound like a grounding issue.
If she has to apply pressure there may be a problem with the circuit board in that location. A bad solder joint or circuit trace could cause that kind of problem.
If the noise goes away when she gently touches the laptop without applying any pressure then it does sound like a grounding issue.
If she has to apply pressure there may be a problem with the circuit board in that location. A bad solder joint or circuit trace could cause that kind of problem.

Solution