Solved! Audio problems with latitude d530

Loric

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011
I am having problems with sound on my laptop. I don't have very much techy knowledge but my devices say that they are all working properly but when I go to sounds and audio devices it says none are installed. I have no sound except a beep when warning and I have sound when gaming on the internet. Audio devices are: Sigmatel High Definition, Audio Codecs, and Legacy. Any help would be greatly appreciated ;)

Solution
Sigmatel is your audio driver so the OS see it.

What is the OS you are running?

Does your laptop have the latest bios installed? To check, go to www.dell.com/support -> drivers and downloads -> input your service tag -> select the bios file to download.

While you are there, grab the audio driver

when you run it, see if it asks to replace the current bios version with a newer version (if they are the same number, don't bother).

if you do need to update the bios and the problem persists, try reinstalling the audio driver and let us know the results.

lysinger

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2010
Sigmatel is your audio driver so the OS see it.

What is the OS you are running?

Does your laptop have the latest bios installed? To check, go to www.dell.com/support -> drivers and downloads -> input your service tag -> select the bios file to download.

While you are there, grab the audio driver

when you run it, see if it asks to replace the current bios version with a newer version (if they are the same number, don't bother).

if you do need to update the bios and the problem persists, try reinstalling the audio driver and let us know the results.

Solution