Solved! Audio spliting leads to sucffed audio.

Oct 15, 2020
I just got a new pc and it had different ports for mic and headphones i have a headphones with only on 3.5mm it came with a splitter so naturally i used that but the audio sounded bad there was no surround sound all channels got mixed i used the case ones
can anyone help me?

Solution
First thing to do is try the headphones with the splitter on your phone to see if the sound is bad there too.
Were you getting surround sound on the same headphones with your old PC? Unless the headphones have three plugs for the discrete front, center/sub, surround jacks I don't think you would be getting actual surround sound. Maybe the old PC had some audio processing that the new one doesn't have.
First thing to do is try the headphones with the splitter on your phone to see if the sound is bad there too.
Were you getting surround sound on the same headphones with your old PC? Unless the headphones have three plugs for the discrete front, center/sub, surround jacks I don't think you would be getting actual surround sound. Maybe the old PC had some audio processing that the new one doesn't have.

Solution