Question Why is the mic on my Apple Earbuds producing a repetitive beeping sound?

Aug 25, 2022
I have a computer with a separate audio and headphone jack, so I got a splitter so I could use my Apple wired Earbuds. My friends told me my mic was making a beeping noise, so I turned on audio monitoring, and it's a repetitive beeping/thumping sound. Sometimes, the issue will resolve by itself for no reason at all, and my mic will work completely as normal. I have checked all cable connections, the headphones work with other devices, and I have identified the audio splitter is not causing the issue.
Edit: It works fine with independent headphones and mic. But they are in really old condition (why I'd rather use my apple earbuds :))

Last edited:

COLGeek

Cybernaut
This implies the splitter could be the issue. Do you have a link to the specific item you purchased?

When you say "separate audio and headphone jack ", do you mean separate jacks for the mic and speakers/headphones?

Aug 25, 2022
I've already concluded with my own methods that the splitter is not an issue. I also found out about ctia vs ompt jacks, but all of my jacks are ctia.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Audio 1
J Audio 6
MiketheDilletante Audio 1
M Audio 1
chooooonk Audio 0
MiketheDilletante Audio 2
TheMuppetMan Audio 1
wimpymike Audio 4
Paula Lozano Audio 2
S Audio 1
SupremeEditor Audio 0