Solved! Audio through USB c

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvbkiran

Prominent
May 20, 2019
I'm having Asus gl503ge which has a USB c
I want to connect a USB c to 3.5mm adaptor to that port. I tried connecting the adaptor and the earphone but it didn't worked. I want hi-res audio so I'm buying a hi res USB c to 3.5mm adaptor.
How can I redirect the audio to usb instead if the standard 3.5mm jack.

Solution
For one, the 3.5mm port won't give you any kind of high res sounds. Not possible.

You should not need to 'redirect' the sound to the USB. It should do it on its own when you connect a pair of headphones/earbuds/speakers to that port.

Now if you connect the headphones to the USB and still aren't getting the sound through it (and you are sure the headphones do indeed work) then try the following...

1. Go to "Control Panel".
  2. Click on "Sound".
  3. Make sure you are on the "Playback" tab.
  4. Click on the device you are trying to fix.
  5. Now click the "Configure" button and follow the prompts. (Be sure you also click the "Test" button.)
  6. Once that is complete, click the "Properties" button.
  7. When you are done with your changes...
For one, the 3.5mm port won't give you any kind of high res sounds. Not possible.

You should not need to 'redirect' the sound to the USB. It should do it on its own when you connect a pair of headphones/earbuds/speakers to that port.

Now if you connect the headphones to the USB and still aren't getting the sound through it (and you are sure the headphones do indeed work) then try the following...

2. Click on "Sound".
  4. Click on the device you are trying to fix.
  5. Now click the "Configure" button and follow the prompts. (Be sure you also click the "Test" button.)
  6. Once that is complete, click the "Properties" button.
  7. When you are done with your changes, in "Properties", click "Apply" and then "OK".
  8. Then click "OK", again, on the main "Sound window".

You may also want to try this...

2. Click on "Sound".
  4. Click on the headphones (they must be plugged in) to highlight them. Not to open.
  5. Right click on them and choose to set them as the "Default device".
  6. The click "Apply" and "OK".
  7. Now unplug the headphones and right click on the speakers. They should show as the default.

You should no longer get sound from the speakers when headphones are connected.

NOTE: If the headphones don't show in there, right click on the white background of that window and make sure both "Show disabled devices" and "Show disconnected devices" is checked.

Should you still not see the them, right click on the "Speakers", only while the headphones/speakers are plugged in, and disable them (the speakers). This may resolve the issue. Be sure you test that the internal speakers work again, when you unplug the headphones/speakers.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.