Audio Upgrade Help with DAC/Amp

Vinny Detoro

Estimable
Aug 20, 2014
So I decided to upgrade my audio for mainly listening to music and playing games.
I'm very new to how all this stuff works but I am very picky with sound quality.

I decided to get the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250ohm. Yes I know some say they have a strong bass/treble. I love bass and can't get enough of it. The price seems very reasonable for me.

Now for the DAC/AMP. After some research I decided to settle on the Schiit Magni 2 and the modi 2 uber.

Alright with all that said, if I did my research correctly it should go something like this:

PC -> DAC -> AMP -> Headphones

I was planning on getting a PS4 soon and was wondering if I was able to do something like this: http://imgur.com/a/rCMSq.

Cables I would need:
■ 3 Digital Optical Audio Toslink Cable ■ 1 PYST RCA Cable

So here are my questions:

• ■ Will everything work set up like this?
    ■ Should I consider getting a different AMP/DAC?
    ■ Do I have all the cables needed for this?
    ■ Any other opinions on this?

Vinny Detoro

Estimable
Aug 20, 2014

Alright, seems to be a good solution. How would I decide which I want audio from? Will it just take audio from both if I have both going at the same time?

Vinny Detoro

Estimable
Aug 20, 2014

I'm planning on using a USB for the pc and an optical audio cable for the ps4. I'll just have to mess with it when everything arrives and see what works and how it acts with both devices. Thanks for the help