I was in the middle of watching Netflix on my Acer tablet, which I do a lot, when the Internet went out on it. When I tried to restart the wifi, it keeps saying "authentication error". All the other devices in the house are working fine, but i still rebooted the router. The others are working great but not my tablet. What gives?
NOTE: If none of the following work to resolve the problem, and if the table is under warranty, I would contact the manufacturer.
1. Try and restart the tablet. Sometimes it is that simple.
2. Update the firmware and any apps that need updating on the tablet.
3. If the problem persists, check your time and date on the tablet to make sure it is correct.
4. Should none of the former work...
a. Clear out the WiFi data on the tablet.
b. Reboot the modem/router.
c. Once the modem/router is fully 'up' again, reboot the tablet and re-input the WiFi data.
5. Check your internet connection. It may be what is going in and out rather than the tablet.
6. Make sure you have "Data" turned off on the device when using "WiFi" (that is if you have a plan with data through your tablet). If you don't make sure it is turned off, the device can keep trying to switch to "Data" when you try and use "WiFi".