AutoBot Lets Users Connect Vehicle to Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wikiality

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Wouldn't it be kinda useless if some car thief were to spot it under the dash unplug the dongle from the OBD-II port?

oxxfatelostxxo

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
Wouldn't it be kinda useless if some car thief were to spot it under the dash unplug the dongle from the OBD-II port?

Right because car thieves are really looking for something tied to your vehicles ecu..

And second, id say all the other features make it more practical for its other features, not as a gps tracking device

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
Less than $300? Sorry, I'll keep my $100 CRecorder. At least that doesn't require a cellphone....cables...or anything else for that matter. Doesn't irritate me with ads either. It's software may crash if I forget to run it as an Administrator....but that's a simple fix that doesn't endanger my cellphone or my car. I started using CRecorder when I decided that Ford's equipment and related software was simply too dangerous for most work conditions. It does the job of the cheap and high dollar equipment....but is virtually unnoticable when plugged in and working. Plus it monitors and records everything the car does with no user interaction.....what could be better? Aside from it fixing the car as well?

oopoop67

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
The software is provided without any monthly fees from Mavizon, but there is more than meets the eye – the software is supported by ads that target your vehicle’s needs, such as oil changes and tire balance and rotations.

Status
Not open for further replies.