Automatic repair loop

Eetelier

Estimable
Oct 15, 2015
I'm not very computer smart but I do know a little bit. I have an acer v5-571 laptop and I'm experiencing the infamous automatic repair loop. I am sure you are aware of this problem but everything solution I see doe not help. I have a boot disk on both dvd and a usb stick Here's the kicker though, I press f2 to get into bios and set the boot order to the DVD or usb to load first. I then insert/plug either media into the laptop and restart the laptop. The loop occurs again. I have tried pressing f keys to try to break the loop and nothing. What can I do. The laptop is out of warranty so I can't send it back to manufacturer.

I do not want to spend 300$$$ on what seems to be a simple fix. Please help,help,help.... I'm desperate. What am I doing wrong. I've watched videos and followed guides I'm at wits end.
Thank you in advance for your answers and help

Shaun o

Distinguished
You should have when you first power the laptop on an option to choose the boot device on the fly.

There are two things you can try to get out of your boot loop.

Your first option is straight after you power your laptop on is to keep tapping the F8 key on the keyboard.
If this works you will be brought to a menu where you can choose how to boot the existing windows os installed on the hard disk drive of the laptop.

You also have the option to repair windows if it has become damaged or fails to boot through this menu and it`s select able options displayed.

First try a repair of windows via this method.

If you wish to boot off a Cd/Dvd disk placed in drive of the laptop.

As soon as you power up the laptop keep tapping your F10 key in rapid succession.
It should bring up a list of drives, where you select the cd or dvd drive and it should boot the cd/dvd you have in the drive so windows setup and install should then run from the cd/dvd inserted.

skitszo

Estimable
Jul 6, 2015
the simple thing would be to check memory and the harddrive...... I'd guess you've done that but just incase..

http://www.hdsentinel.com/ run the short self test.... take the hard drive out and check with a second computer.
cute video.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNLvACJbKaU

memory you want to test with memtest one pass thru the tests is good enough.

verify the basics.

Eetelier

Estimable
Oct 15, 2015
F8 does not work when I turn the laptop on. I have the dvd in my laptop and f10 does not work either. It's Windows 8 if that helps. I'm looking into the other option of checking the hdd but I have no means of another computer or Sata cables. I'm lost.

Eetelier

Estimable
Oct 15, 2015

Update : I was trying to hold the power key and f11 and now I have a straight black screen. The computer sounds like it's on and running but now I have nothing but a black screen. Ugh!!! I'm so frustrated.