Automatically delete a file after viewing

azvi

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
Hi everybody.

Today I am in a very urgent need of a solution.
I am having a very small firm doing a web-development business. Every time I configure & mail some designs to my clients, they make a copy of my documents & start misusing it.
I am very much disappointed with these kind of activities.

I therefore request you to give some suggestion for this problem. I want something/software
through which the file (PDF/MS-word/Excel/Ms-paint) can be viewed only and after that it will get deleted automatically after 1-2 days. I will send them the documents with permission but I don't want them to get the file for a prolonged time.

Please help me to get this thing done asap...!!

Anxiously Waiting for your replies.

Regards
Azvi

viewtyjoe

Estimable
Jul 28, 2014
The correct answer is a legally binding contract with hideous penalties for whatever "misuse" you're experiencing. Then you lawyer up and if you're lucky, they won't go bankrupt magically and resurface immediately under a different name.

randomizer

Distinguished
Do you have a contract with them? If you haven't yet assigned them copyright for your designs then they are probably infringing on your copyright, assuming your country has pretty typical copyright laws. Of course we're not legal experts here, so it's best to get proper legal advice. Nevertheless, I recommend making sure you have contracts that clearly state who owns what and when (or if) that changes.