AUX cable issue

hhh111

Estimable
Mar 28, 2014
Hi I have an aux cable that I am using to connect to my computer.
I have plugged the aux cable into the microphone slot and on my device and it works fine. I go to the sound settings and check the listen box and it sounds fine. Low volume on the device and I can hear it on my computer.
Now I set it to be the default communication and talking device and when I test it, the quality is distorted and awful. It needs to be maxxed out volume (on device) to even hear it and it sounds bad

I know it's not the aux cable itself as it works for when I just hear it, but when I set it to use the mic it makes the audio very poor quality?

How do I fix this?
this is for playing sounds in-games

jFiveNYC

Estimable
Mar 28, 2014
The microphone input is just that, a microphone input.

The mic jack setting has an increased "volume level" (input gain from an onboard mic pre) to overcome the relatively low output signal from a dynamic microphone, such as a computer mic, stage mic or gaming headset mic. While a line-in will be set for an input from a source with a much more powerful signal, say an iPod, CD/DVD player, cable box, etc.

For a more detailed explanation, read this post:
- http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?124907-can-someone-xplain-line-vs-mic-input-balanced-vs-unbalanced&s=9d648df5ed53b67f4cf61fef4b67c704&p=1183601&viewfull=1#post1183601