Aux input to USB

Mar 20, 2018
I have USB input to my car audio system. I can play music from USB stick.
Also the same audio system port support for Aux input (I tested with another cable).
Now I can use either 1 option. USB or aux input from mobile phone using separate cables.
Now if I buy USB to aux cable with sound card (UGREEN USB Sound Card), which has option of mic in, will it play music from my mobile phone over USB ?
I want to use both USB and AUX input using USB port.

Solution
The USB port will only see storage devices, and if your phone supports storage mode when plugged in USB to the car amp that would allow the car amp to see all your music. Not all phones will be 100% compatible so YMMV.

The line-in from your car amp will connect to your phone's headphone jack so it can act as an amp to your phone, you just have to use your phone app to play media.

The UGREEN USB Sound Card will require a plug-and-play OS, which will work on most PC (Windows 10/98SE/ME/2000/XP/Server 2003/Vista/7/8/Linux/Mac OSX/ PS4/ Google Chromebook/ Windows Surface Pro 3/ Raspberry Pi according to amazon) however it will not work on your car amp if that is what you are asking. On most PCs mentioned above, yes connecting line-in...
The USB port will only see storage devices, and if your phone supports storage mode when plugged in USB to the car amp that would allow the car amp to see all your music. Not all phones will be 100% compatible so YMMV.

The line-in from your car amp will connect to your phone's headphone jack so it can act as an amp to your phone, you just have to use your phone app to play media.

The UGREEN USB Sound Card will require a plug-and-play OS, which will work on most PC (Windows 10/98SE/ME/2000/XP/Server 2003/Vista/7/8/Linux/Mac OSX/ PS4/ Google Chromebook/ Windows Surface Pro 3/ Raspberry Pi according to amazon) however it will not work on your car amp if that is what you are asking. On most PCs mentioned above, yes connecting line-in from the sound card to the phone headphone jack will work just fine.

Solution
Mar 20, 2018
I understand the concept, how USB is working in audio system by looking at storage and feed in the songs from that storage..

So except inserting some switch, is there any way which can play music using AUX cable from my phone but the aux cable is connected to USB port of my audio system ?

Unfortunately not, the USB port on most dedicated AV gear is very limited firmware with no way to update or install drivers, so you are stuck with what it was originally programmed for. Some manufacturer firmware updates can upgrade the functionality, but it is usually for compatibility and not expand-ability if that makes sense.

Jan 3, 2019
How is this bizarre thing working?

34j2h37.jpg

Its a wireless headphone with no 3.5mm, rather just a single micro USB. They included a cable with male aux in 1 end and micro usb on another.

And stupidly enough somehow my phone is managing to make an output via the 3.5mm and somehow the signal is actually carrying over to the headset through the micro usb port.

I can't seem to make any sense out of it myself, analog output to digital input..... why would anyone design such a product anyway!