Avatar 3D Blu-ray Discs on eBay for $400

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
[citation][nom]IzzyCraft[/nom]Someone is jealous of our moneyz.[/citation]

What money? lol; America is going to be broke as can be in the next year or so.

America is a printing press that is all.

G

most of europe and japan have worse debt to GDP than the usa.

dgre005

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2008
[citation][nom]Maxor127[/nom]Avatar is overrated. I saw it once, and I think that's enough for me. Not something I'd watch again or recommend to anyone who likes good movies. It's a pretty tech demo, nothing more. The plot was generic, the characters were bland, and I stopped caring about what was going on. Box office records mean nothing. District 9 is a far superior movie in every way, and was made with a fifth of the budget and made less than a tenth of the revenue compared to Avatar.[/citation]

My exact same feeling lol...that's what I felt after watching Avatar. It just doesn't feel as special as movies like District 9. It's entertaining, but only in a superficial way.

allrock

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
People either relate to Avatar or they dont , I found the movie to be a very imersive story with very unique ethics and moral values not often seen in films these days , as for making the 3D version of the film panasonic exclusive I am not impressed and it may backfire on fox to do so
as time passes and people simply decide they are no longer intrested in buying the film they have allready seen many times on 2D dvd or blueray, That being said I am a fan of well done 3D films and would like to see Avatar 3D do well but would like to see 3D blueray support higher frame rates then 24 fps.

wotan31

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
[citation][nom]festerovic[/nom]lol I was mad after I wasted 3 hours of my life watching it.[/citation]
Amen! I don't why people go nuts over it. Yes, the special effects were great. But aside from that, it was a total turd of a movie. Cheesy (and predictable) plot, poor character development, etc. It's not even an 'average' or 'ok' movie, it's downright terrible.

wotan31

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
[citation][nom]bobusboy[/nom]What money? lol; America is going to be broke as can be in the next year or so.America is a printing press that is all.[/citation]
So true. America is no longer the land of the free - we are OWNED, (in the very literal sense) by China. We've sent close to 10 million jobs there and our entire manufacturing industry. And people wonder why unemployment is so high. And then there's that pesky $Trillion dollar debt that Obama has racked up. And his solution to it? Print more money. He's playing with out economy like its a monopoly game. We're going to be paying (again, in the literal sense) for these bailouts aka "Obama's Folly" for many many years to come. Hope all you 'hope-n-change' people, sitting there with no jobs in your foreclosed homes, got what you were, ahem, hoping for.

tical2399

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
I never saw the movie and while it's currently like, American cars, game stop, and playing a FPS with a controller (i.e. popular to hate on) I heard from most people that it was pretty good. Even it if was the best movie of all time I can't see spending more than $25 bucks for a dvd/BR of any kind.

baracubra

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
I downloaded the full 3D blu ray ISO (44.9GB) over a month ago...simply use daemon tools to mount the disc image and play using cyberlink on my projector....can't believe people could be so dumb to buy it for so much...

G

Saw the movie I wasn't mad for having watched it. It was decent at best dont get me wrong it was BEAUTIFUL, but looks only go so far. Totally off topic but 3d IMAX Tron Legacy owns all lol

distanted

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2010
Dances with Wolves meets the Ewok Adventure...nothing more than a three hour proof of concept demonstration...Of course, if they made the script original or thought-provoking, they would never had the audience turnout needed to cover their costs.

mustbhacks

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
[citation][nom]wotan31[/nom]So true. America is no longer the land of the free - we are OWNED, (in the very literal sense) by China. We've sent close to 10 million jobs there and our entire manufacturing industry. And people wonder why unemployment is so high. And then there's that pesky $Trillion dollar debt that Obama has racked up. And his solution to it? Print more money. He's playing with out economy like its a monopoly game. We're going to be paying (again, in the literal sense) for these bailouts aka "Obama's Folly" for many many years to come. Hope all you 'hope-n-change' people, sitting there with no jobs in your foreclosed homes, got what you were, ahem, hoping for.[/citation]

Central Banking System.

Regardless of Obama ever being here or not, we'd never have been out of debt.

normano

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
[citation][nom]spectrewind[/nom]There are current 32 idiots, er.. bids, attached to one of them..... and being an idiot is not illegal.[/citation]

it bloody should be - it would rid the world of debt in just fines alone ;)

quantum mask

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
[citation][nom]wotan31[/nom]So true. America is no longer the land of the free - we are OWNED, (in the very literal sense) by China. We've sent close to 10 million jobs there and our entire manufacturing industry. And people wonder why unemployment is so high. And then there's that pesky $Trillion dollar debt that Obama has racked up. And his solution to it? Print more money. He's playing with out economy like its a monopoly game. We're going to be paying (again, in the literal sense) for these bailouts aka "Obama's Folly" for many many years to come. Hope all you 'hope-n-change' people, sitting there with no jobs in your foreclosed homes, got what you were, ahem, hoping for.[/citation]
Whena re people going to understand that NO POLITICIAN WILL EVER GET IT RIGHT?

Status
Not open for further replies.