AVG+Malwerbytes is OK??!??!?

Sahir Dizdarevic

Estimable
Jul 14, 2014
Please help, some says that both can't be togeter while others says that I can have AVG always on but that malware shut down and only use it 1 time per week..

Every help I appriciate :)

Solution
Sahir, it's OK to use "two security programs" simultaneously, not antivirus programs. I mean you can go with antivirus software and a spyware removal tool. For instance, you can install Spybot Search and destroy and AVG Free antivirus and they will work together. However, if you install two antivirus applications, this may cause some conflicts. The symptoms are: extremely slow Windows startup, flagging each other as malware, etc.

Rick Brucks

Estimable
Feb 16, 2015
Sahir, it's OK to use "two security programs" simultaneously, not antivirus programs. I mean you can go with antivirus software and a spyware removal tool. For instance, you can install Spybot Search and destroy and AVG Free antivirus and they will work together. However, if you install two antivirus applications, this may cause some conflicts. The symptoms are: extremely slow Windows startup, flagging each other as malware, etc.

Solution

FALC0N

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2010
Malwarebytes was written as a "second opinion scanner" and is actually designed to run simultaneously with other antivirus programs.

So yes, running two antivirus programs is normally bad. However, there are exceptions. Malwarebytes is one of those exceptions.