Solved! AVR with 1080p video upscaling facility

G

Hi

I am planning to buy a Home theatre comprising of HD LCD projector Epson TW EH 3500,
I need help on choosing the Audio with it -should be good for music as well as movies.
Which AVR is advisable marantz /Harman Kardan/ Onkyo.
In Speakers DefTech / Jamo/ Revel.
Should an AVR have Video Upscaling necessarily?Also is a 7.1 better than 5.1?
Too mny questions but i hope to have some help.

Raj

Solution
My receiver Harman Kardon is a 5.1/7.1 reciever. The one sub system can be eliminated by using Harmans' Pre Out connected to a standalone sub amp. This could allow all 6/8 speakers to have separate subs

queorama

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010
My receiver Harman Kardon is a 5.1/7.1 reciever. The one sub system can be eliminated by using Harmans' Pre Out connected to a standalone sub amp. This could allow all 6/8 speakers to have separate subs

Solution

queorama

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010
After I bought my Harman Kardon Receiver my book told me there are three configurations to its' speakers Small range limited satelite. Large full Range speakers and above mentioned Pre out Custom In the large configuration only the main front speakers share the subs' deepest sound. Out of curiosity I tried Harman Kardon.com and found that their receivers can be purchased with or without their speaker systems. I also found the back rear are sold separately plus in addition to that they may sell the customs' as well.