B&N Launches Nook Tablet, Drops Regular Nook to $99

Status
Not open for further replies.

singemagique

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
This should be nice. I'm been using the MIUI ROM on my Nook Color for several months and it has been great. The dual core CPU and extra RAM will be a great addition.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
This pleases me greatly because I was considering getting a nook simple touch for my ma for xmas. At 99$ it's pretty much a no brainer at this point.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Got bezel? I still think that tablets are just a fad like 3D TVs, netbooks, etc. Not to say that they are useless, but they aren't a must-have gadget that will revolutionize computing.

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
Netflix and Hulu Plus on the Nook Tablet is a major boon for BN considering Amazon is looking like they will only support their own media services on the Fire.

Considering I already have Hulu Plus and Netflix, I'd pick the Nook Tablet over the Fire.

willwayne

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]Got bezel? I still think that tablets are just a fad like 3D TVs, netbooks, etc. Not to say that they are useless, but they aren't a must-have gadget that will revolutionize computing.[/citation]

The vast majority of consumers don't want or need a desktop environment, since their only real task with them is content consumption. This is what a tablet excels at. Combine this with increased cloud storage/computing and we will see an even greater decline in desktop sales leaving only laptops in tech-savvy households as the only true computer(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.