Baby Starves to Death as Parents Raise Virtual Kid

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cons29

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
what the heck, its monday and this is the first news that i've read? im 28 and i have an 8 month old kid(boy), and he is the sweetest thing. how could anyone do this? when my kid is sick i wish i could take his place so he wont suffer, because he's still so young.

feeding a baby rotten milk? give me those parents and ill feed them something more than that.

they should be tortured until they're gone then revived so they could do(torture) it all over again.
these people are sick! makes you want to hit them if you ever saw em

nikrusty

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
Then dont have any children..these 2 are clearly idiots and dont have their priorities right! Marriede, Unemployed and addicted to games...a perfect disaster!

hrafnthor

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
"Ironically, police say the Kims neglected their child so they could raise a virtual daughter through an online game called PRIUS" - Rather bad choice of words here. Nothing Ironic about this, only sad!

btk1w1

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2008
Remember that guy in the movie Se7en that was tied to the bed and was deliberately starved but kept alive?

Seems a befitting punishment for the likes of these two. Let the punishment fit the crime.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
Um, this story is likely just that - a made up story. Why would you believe because it is printed here - and villianize other human beings based on that?

G

First, unless they both have names of Kim, one has another name; the wife does not take the husband's name in Korea. 2d. I am not clear if that was a real life, living child, or a "virtual" child. Seems it might be real life; if so, then I believe in an eye for an eye. They should get the same treatment they provided, in the Suwon prison. Infants deserve the same respect that the older people do, especially like in Korea.

G

ok I dont know why I did not come across this story , I just read it now! What happen to these people ? are they locked away forever in jail for KILLING their baby? how can no one notice, I read that the parents of the mother took the baby in cause they were worried ...but sadly gave it back to them 2 weeks before she died! I would have kept my grandchild. This is really very sad. I can not imgaine the suffering she had before dying, its a very slow and painful death surely. Never should these people have children! how can neighbours not hear a baby cry? how can friends not know? gaming addiction is not an excuse this is poor parenting. Sadly this happens all over the world.

G

This is sad but its also the world's fault. This is not because of Race or video games it is because they dont know how to love. I mean any normal person when they see anything starving, a bird, a dog, and esp. their OWN baby will take care of them. There is something fundamentally wrong with the world these days. Parents don't seem to love their kids and vice versa. Crime everywhere. It's not new but it's enough. I'm tired of seeing these stories and want to change. Forcing them not to have kids may have stopped this child from being born but it doesn't mean a tragedy wouldn't have happened. They are disconnected from their own self like many people are. But where were her parents to help this baby?? Maybe they were too old?

Status
Not open for further replies.