AMA Back to School AMA with Managing Editor Sherri L. Smith

jsimenhoff

Honorable
Feb 28, 2016
We're at the tail end of summer break, and the last thing you want to think about is shopping for great tech in the fall. We asked our resident deals genius, Sherri Smith, to show you all the tips and tricks that will make it easier and cheaper to stock up on those back-to-school necessities now. What necessities you may ask? Well, laptops of course! Whether you're a parent shopping for your child's first laptop, or a college student searching for a best buy gaming laptop, early August is the time to start putting feelers out for the oh so important laptop. The best back-to-school deals happen months before class is in session.

We're already noticing a lot of sales popping up for laptops, gaming headsets, and more. HP has already set up their designated back-to-school store — which helps when trying to find the best deals. To help you discover the best in back-to-school laptop deals, we put together this AMA.

Join us in the here and ask us anything you want to know about gaming laptops, back to school deals, and whatever else you want to know. Our AMA starts now and will run until Friday August 9th. We hope to see you there!

Aug 6, 2019
I'm looking to pick up a laptop that will be my primary computer once starting classes. I understand tech fairly well, but I've always struggled to figure out when a laptop is good enough for gaming. I won't be doing a lot, but I need to be able to at least play some Fortnite and LoL, not on max settings or anything.

My home computer is an HP, so I'm familira with them and pretty confident it'll hold up, but I could use a hand figuring out what type of video card or integrated chipset will be the best mix of value and performance. I'm not rich, but I'm able to spend maybe $800 US on a machine. Any help is appreciated.