Backup Singer Sues Rockstar for $250M

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

roleki

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
The ridiculous damages sought (250M) means the guy and his lawyer really expect to settle for 25K or so, Crazy figures in lawsuits between an individual and a corporation are only thrown out there to generate bad publicity for the defending entity, and help grease the wheels towards a reasonable (but coerced) settlement.

G

OK, this sounds a bit ridiculous. I'm sure Rockstar had to get a lot of information about gang lifestyle in that sort of environment. Just look at how accurate the game is even down to the street lingo ("whip" --> "car", "threads" --> "clothes", "paper" --> "money"). As part of this information gathering, I'm sure they had to interview lots of people who were involved in that kind of life style. This guy is probably overly exaggerating just how much the game is like his past life. Unless he can identify some very specific similarities, I can't see him winning.

xantek24

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009
[citation][nom]Aintry[/nom]Actually, it's "rIdiculous". R-i-...[/citation]
[citation][nom]sirmorluk[/nom]rediculas=rediculous Doh![/citation]

are you kidding me? lol you guys should sue your school!

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Right, because some random backup singer's life and look was so amazing they had to use it in a game. Come on dude, there are many that probably look like CJ and have a life story similar to him...

v12v12

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2008
I just KNEW this "CJ" was someone that I'd heard of before, but I could never really pin it. It sounded just like some rapper or someone in the industry I'd heard of a long time ago! Interesting indeed and definitely not above a corporate board run rich business...

I find it funny how the mass majority is (as usual) automatically siding with RS vs this guy. Downplaying and encapsulating his "life" as very similar (connoting, simple, minuscule and downtrodden) to other youths in his alleged social-economic class. As if the "poor" (esp a "black guy") cannot have unique and different experiences, while in a less providing background environment. Lol only "middle-class" and the affluent can have "unique" and worth-while experiences. You guys are naive and or just plain brainwashed classists?

__Yet this guy’s accusations aren’t worth merit bc he’s FORMERLY from this place. You do know that Cypress was and still is a successful group, making MILLIONS. These backup singers make WAY MORE than most of you IT-nerds/dorks/haters. Yes they make plenty of money doing commercials, singing, cameo’s, DJ’ing, sponsoring events; he’s living much better off than you or you and your parents paltry incomes, lol! Classist retards! His CURRENT social class IS HIGHER THAN YOURS LMFAO! Thus he can afford such a case, you broke ass nerds couldn’t even spell a-t-t-o-r-n-e-y, let alone afford a decent one. Stick with small-claims and never being able to collect.

You are NOT as unique as you think just bc of your assumed higher social class. This guy has what his attorney believes is a legitimate case and most wise/smart attorneys won't even take a high risk case for a less than serious returns, bc their REPUTATION is also at stake; ever thought about that dynamic? Nope, of course you haven't. Start thinking and stop spewing BS and hating.

I love it... people/kids ARE stupider these days than their past generations, again this is FACT. Search it please. Haha. Hate-on—dullards… I hope he wins and gets ALL that he deserves. Someone steals your story, makes untold millions, and the sheepish cattle want to redirect the blame from the successful cheats to the alleged victim(s); class envy at its finest. OMG they cannot give “him” 250M… And wtf not, if LOGICALLY, they couldn’t have made even $250 w/o HIS story as the BASIS FOR THE GAME. Did you even pay attention to the suit claim, nor what the game is BASED OFF OF; a STORY, DUH? Damn you people are that dim? See, there I am acting just like most of you, accept I’m on the side of defense, haha gotcha again huh. Look in the mirror people; you aren’t rich, you’re not going to be either, so chill with the class-envy and auto-siding opinions “Zomg, an individual winning lots of money?! Wtf lets hate on him and root for the greedy rich corp bc that’s who WE all aspire to become; RICH regardless of personal/social cost.” You know you do, you just pretend not to till it happens, then poof; nobody can’t tell you nothing anymore? The type of person getting out of a Porsche in pajamas, thinking the car's status overrides you still lookin like the clown you always were.

lol! Generation after generation; becoming dumber and more inept; FACT! I love it... Go Internet and spell-check! Making kids duller by the birth. Haha joke is on you smart guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.