Band-aids to Solve the iPhone 4 Antenna Problem

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]snotling[/nom]Kapton tape, like Anandtech did.also many sites offer you to print you own "sticker skin" with custom images... I want mine to say "Don't Panic"[/citation]
I would make mine say "IT DOESN'T WORK!!!"

snotling

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
[citation][nom]zubikov[/nom]Best solution - get your head out of your @ss. It's a good phone, it works well. So do the droids, so do blackberries. Not everything in life is a game of win or lose, or black or white. It IS OK if multiple phones exist together and all of them work well. Why do news companies/blogs and people with nothing better to do always try to single out a good guy, bad guy and then endlessly pour nonsense criticism until it gets old?[/citation]
because controversy makes people click, and clicks bring advertising revenue.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]COLGeek[/nom]Band-aids make all boo-boos better (even if they really don't). Ask any kid and he/she will tell you just that![/citation]
Band-Aids and Duct Tape, you can fix or heal anything with them!

G

seriously for those who complain about the articles posted, why don't you just do us all a favor and just not read them then complain? No one forced you to read the articles. I am sick of the stupid comments.

cyberkuberiah

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Pyroflea[/nom]I think the easiest solution would just be to not buy one in the first place.[/citation]

you , sir , have stolen my words !

cyberkuberiah

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
[citation][nom]jakmove[/nom]I'm sorry, but if I had this phone, I would want a case on it regardless. It's retarded to not put it in a case, so it doesn't get scratched up. And that fixes the antenna problem to boot. Don't know why it's such a big deal.[/citation]

i never play baseball with my phone , so no cases : it diminishes the looks , except for a few rare designs .

cyberkuberiah

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
this flaw should NOT have been there in the first place .

I was hoping this was a product i would buy but this sadly turned out to be like a flawed summer project .

braneman

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
fix it with duck tape, preferably an embarrassing print of duck tape, maybe android duck tape, then everytime you make a call look at it and think "is a piece of fruit really worth it?"

MxM

Distinguished
May 23, 2005
Nail polish, scotch tape and similar solutions do not work for this. You need something thicker, otherwise the tape just work as capacitor and let the current through without much resistance. I tried - does not work. You need about 1mm thickness in the material you apply. Those band-aids should work because they have thick part in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS