Base system device driver for dell vostro 1014?

Kunal1998

Commendable
Feb 9, 2016
I really need help guys I formatted my laptop and I'm stuck up with this. Just in case you need to know, it's Windows 7 64 bit.

Solution
Well that's strange 'cos according to that link I posted, no 64-bit Windows version is supported.
And as for Windows 8, that's not supported at all, neither 32-bit nor 64-bit.

UK website has exact same info: http://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ukdhs1/product-support/product/vostro-1014/drivers

Did you check the link? You can see I'm not giving you wrong information, it's there in black & white.
You bought it brand new with 64-bit Windows factory installed?

I suggest you contact Dell to ask why it had an OS pre-installed on it that's not officially supported according to their own drivers page for that model.
Well that's strange 'cos according to that link I posted, no 64-bit Windows version is supported.
And as for Windows 8, that's not supported at all, neither 32-bit nor 64-bit.

UK website has exact same info: http://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ukdhs1/product-support/product/vostro-1014/drivers

Did you check the link? You can see I'm not giving you wrong information, it's there in black & white.
You bought it brand new with 64-bit Windows factory installed?

I suggest you contact Dell to ask why it had an OS pre-installed on it that's not officially supported according to their own drivers page for that model.

Solution

Kunal1998

Commendable
Feb 9, 2016

Well I didn't buy it really. It's quite old (5 to 6 years ) and I'll be changing it in an year or so. My dad used to work on it and when he got a new laptop, he gave this one away to me. So I don't have any stuff that comes with it because he got it for work from his office too. Welp, I think I'm screwed here.

Well it's my guess it originally had 32-bit Windows factory installed on it because that version is supported.

Somebody probably changed it to 64-bit Windows 7 in order to increase the RAM above 4GB RAM, but they did it without first checking Dell's website.

Installing a supported OS should fix the problem.

I've spent enough time on this, good luck.