Bass Heavy Wireless Surround Sound Headphones?

Solution
Buy a higher quality set of stereo headphones.

Most here will recommend Sennheiser or Audio Technica for high quality entry level headphones. I personally would highly recommend Audio Technica M50.

as far as "bass heavy", no one designs their products to be bass heavy, it is like asking for a headphone that has a high tinny sound. you want accurate sound reproduction, simple as that.

You can only hear in stereo, as you only have two ears. Same thing with vision, you can only see from two points, but thanks to our brain and the position of our eyes we can translate 2D photons into a 3D image. Same thing goes for sound. You can pinpoint somethings location only using your 2 ears and stereo sound. Two microphones and two speakers...

greens

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
Dolby 7.1 from a headphone is a gimmick, surround sound only applies to a room with volume.

You only have two ears, with sound being input directly to them, there is no physical difference in the vibrations produced by a "surround" headphone set and a stereo set.

Memedreamassmachine

Commendable
Jul 8, 2016

I personally find the 7.1 preferable to normal mode, it sounds better to me, but if you know any other ways to recreate that affect im all ears, no pun intended.

greens

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
Buy a higher quality set of stereo headphones.

Most here will recommend Sennheiser or Audio Technica for high quality entry level headphones. I personally would highly recommend Audio Technica M50.

as far as "bass heavy", no one designs their products to be bass heavy, it is like asking for a headphone that has a high tinny sound. you want accurate sound reproduction, simple as that.

You can only hear in stereo, as you only have two ears. Same thing with vision, you can only see from two points, but thanks to our brain and the position of our eyes we can translate 2D photons into a 3D image. Same thing goes for sound. You can pinpoint somethings location only using your 2 ears and stereo sound. Two microphones and two speakers is all it takes! When it comes to filling a room with sound surround becomes important.

Get a good set of stereo headphones and you will never, ever go back.

Solution