'Batman: Arkham Origins' Encounters Worst Enemy: Glitches

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninjustin

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013
I like the game It's on par with the other Arkahm games but yeah that Burnley Glitch is something that should have never made it out the door. Did no one play the final code? The only other glitches I've noticed is the fact the Intro movies to the game sound all staticy but i believe this was the case in the pas games as well. Hopefully they'll patch it before the weekend because I'm right at the tower. I guess I could skip it but It would be nice to complete.

baberarjumand

Honorable
Nov 1, 2013
I just finished the game, and there were some glitches here and there, but nothing to break the experience. I got stuck at the mentioned Burnley Tower glitch yesterday and I had to reload my previous autosave to get out of that room, but today I just wanted to try the Burnley Tower again and it went smoothly, no more Batman getting stuck there.

There are a few glitches here and there, but nothing to the extent this article makes it out to be, it still is a very entertaining and satisfying experience.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
Most modern games never have the single player campaign beta tested so it is up to the companies QA to spot these issues.

PS many glitches can be countered using memory editors or trainers to simply change your characters location.

opmopadop

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
To ninjustin : Its the same typical software house crap I see at my work.

Day 1. Burnley quest; passed all QA, move on.
Day 27. A different area of the game has a problem with climbing into the grate that was overlooked.
Day 28. Rush to fix 'grate' problem found at the last minute.
Day 29. Release... Oops, bug in Burnley quest that has flagged "passed" written all over the QA paper work. Drag everyone in the same room for some fun...
Programmer blames tester for not testing his last minute fix properly. Tester blames programmer for not explaining that his 'fix' affected all the grates. Manager blames everyone because he is overworked (or lazy, pick your fav). yadiyadiyada

During crunch time, people always rush, always assume, always blame someone else. Nothing different here.

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
slow article...

2 patches rolled out this week...

first was for multiplayer and second for the single player glitches like Burnley Tower...

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
"WB Montreal, the development studio, has not announced plans to release patches for the game, though it's likely that patches will come at some point in the near future."

they did announce patch releases on Steam forum....

timaahhh

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2007
They finally fixed the Burnley tower glitch. There are a ton of issues with this game. One of the last missions you have to catch 20 Blackgate escapees one of them just clips through the map every time you try to apprehend him. I was finally able to catch this hacker though :). The first fight killer crock, is so full of glitches its almost unplayable. His character model flashes dark and light like a strobe light and drops the frame rate down to almost unplayable at times (though this glitch seems to happen to far fewer people). You think for the first fight in the game this would have been caught. The story and voice acting of this game even without Conroy and Hamill are freaking amazing.... The since of scale and actual size of the game are outstanding. The game is paced really well you can fly through it or take your time with the side missions. The mechanics more or less are unchanged, but since they are so good that's not a bad thing. Those freeking glitches though....

rwpritchett

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Even after the patch, I'm still seeing the glitch where it's not letting Batman perform a glide kick on thugs while flying. Sometimes I can get it to work by alternating pressing the right and left mouse buttons, but it's supposed to be a single left-click and he locks on to target and goes after them.

setipollux

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2010
Yea, there have been many glitches for sure. Once you kick enemies near a wall, their heads get suck in it, no matter how high up they are.
Also, there seems to be a bad rolling "digital EMP" that rolls through the whole game and my sub woofer goes crazy.
And now in the GCPD, I go through the door to the server room and all the graphics go away. After auto save, I fall straight through the floor to infinity. Pretty bad.

clonazepam

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2010
It wouldn't be a Batman game without nvidia giving it away for free, glitches/bugs, and tons of people waiting for it to be fixed before playing it. I still haven't played Arkham City yet because I waited and waited, and then was distracted by other titles until it wasn't relevant anymore.

kenneth22

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013
my friend's sister makes $86 an hour on the computer. She has been laid off for 8 months but last month her pay check was $17343 just working on the computer for a few hours. Continue....... www.pro43.com

BATWHAT

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
For some reason when i am going to the GCPD morgue to identify bane's body , I end up flying through what appears to be a "fuzzy" building, also on the left right side of the bridge where the Riddlers pack is on the boat, I fly through it for some reason?????

Status
Not open for further replies.