battery drains completely after it's been powered down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adithya_2

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016
Hello,

I have a Dell dell inspiron Everything has been working fine, and it's performance/speed has been great; however, recently the laptop battery drains completely after it's been powered down.

Whether the laptop is in sleep mode or I shut it down, it loses complete charge, and I have to plug it in in order to turn it on again. This is turning out to be a very annoying problem, as I don't always want to have to plug in the laptop to power it on. And also, I don't want to keep the laptop plugged in all night as I heard this can damage the battery.

Granted, if the laptop is left off for only an hour or so I still have some power left (but the charge still drops a significant amount). But if I shut down the laptop the night before at full charge and then turn it on in the morning, it will go from 100% to 0%.

All suggestions are appreciated. I would like to explore software fixes before replacing the battery itself. So far, inevitably, I have tried some power cycles because the laptop drops to 0%, I have done many power cycles going from 0% to 100%.

please solve my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.