Battery health 83% Not Charging Idle State

BrandonD13

Commendable
Mar 17, 2016
My batteries been like this for quite some time - i just run it through the ac adapter and keep it plugged in.
Its 0% Charged, but has 83% health
Current Flow 0mA
Ac adapter 255 watt adapter
Battery Charging State - Idle

Any ideas how to un idle this?
I have an Alienware M14x R2

Solution
Usually, the simplest way to reveal which is the problem component is to swap the battery out with a known working one. If the new battery works, there you have it; the old battery was defective. If not, then it's the board.

Of course, the caveat here is that you'll probably have to buy a battery just for the sake of testing.
Hi Brandon!

It sounds like the charging circuitry is not cooperating with you. You can try an EC reset/power cycle (turn laptop off, remove battery and charger, press + hold power button for 5 seconds, reconnect battery + AC power and test). If that doesn't work, then you may be facing either a faulty battery, or a problem with said circuitry; either of these hardware failures would require a replacement or, if possible, a repair.

BrandonD13

Commendable
Mar 17, 2016
Ive tried the power reset, is there any way to tell if its if its the battery or the circuitry? I dont want to have to replace both if its only one of them- i know before it would charge on and off , sometime it would say not charging, and sometime it would actually charge

Usually, the simplest way to reveal which is the problem component is to swap the battery out with a known working one. If the new battery works, there you have it; the old battery was defective. If not, then it's the board.

Of course, the caveat here is that you'll probably have to buy a battery just for the sake of testing.

Solution