Battery Life - Dell Latitude E6320 (i5 version)

coleski

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013
Hi All,

So I recently purchased a Dell Latitude E6320 Intel i5 4GB 250GB DVDRW Win7Pro.

I installed steam, and quickly installed Roller Coaster Tycoon, the game runs perfectly with the laptop plugged in and until this morning I had always played like this.

I had some spare time to kill this morning, and wasn't around a power source so played the game on battery. The Laptop was fully charged (99% when I opened the lid)

I loaded up the game, and within 30-40 seconds of playing the battery dropped down to 4%, then the laptop shut down due to no power.

I'm assuming this is a battery problem, correct? While I don't expect to get hours and hours of play out of this laptop, I would imagine I should get more play time on batter than I got?

Thanks,

Hi,

Yes that's actually not normal for a laptop battery to just die out on you for just couple of seconds especially you started out on 99% charge. You may want to consider changing the battery already but also to be sure run a test on your AC adapter as well if you have a voltage tester see if it's giving enough juice to charge your battery. There would be stickers on the bottom of your laptop same goes in the AC adapter see if it still supplies enough juice based from what's indicated in those stickers.

coleski

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013

So as an update, I've charged the laptop again and browsed the internet for 10min, started on 99% and down to 95% (so a 4% drop in 10min) says there should be 2.5 hours left. As soon as I load Steam up and load up Roller Coaster Tycoon the power drops after the same time period and the computer turns off for low batt.

So it seems it only dies under load, but even when just using it for low usage task's the batter life is certainly dropping quickly.

Will get the charger checked out