Battery life of Raspberry Pi and Anker 26800

raspberrypiguy

Prominent
May 8, 2017
I have a Raspberry Pi 3b and I just got an Anker 26800mah USB battery bank. I am benchmarking the battery and am wondering how long it will run watching 720p video. The only devices connected are a keyboard and mouse. I thought the laptop discussion would be appropriate for battery life. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Solution
I am posting the results of my test of the Anker Powercore 26800mah for powering a Raspberry Pi 3 for anyone considering a heck of a lot of electrons for Pi power. My Pi ran for 13 hours and 10min under a load of ~30% playing 720p video in Raspbian using the chromium web browser. This battery bank never triggered any low voltage warnings and seems to have lived up to it's mah rating. Heck I could have put another Pi on it and it would not care. The useable life would be different if a screen was attached but for a headless application this would be great. I should run this test with my Lattepanda.

raspberrypiguy

Prominent
May 8, 2017

I got 13 hours and 20 minutes out of the battery. I suppose that it got that because it was only at 30-40% CPU load with only a keyboard and mouse.

raspberrypiguy

Prominent
May 8, 2017
I am posting the results of my test of the Anker Powercore 26800mah for powering a Raspberry Pi 3 for anyone considering a heck of a lot of electrons for Pi power. My Pi ran for 13 hours and 10min under a load of ~30% playing 720p video in Raspbian using the chromium web browser. This battery bank never triggered any low voltage warnings and seems to have lived up to it's mah rating. Heck I could have put another Pi on it and it would not care. The useable life would be different if a screen was attached but for a headless application this would be great. I should run this test with my Lattepanda.

Solution