Battery not fully charging 100%

maqbool16

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
hi i am maqbool . pls help me my acer aspire 5741g battery not charging 100% it says plugged in charging but not 100% till 91% only i update my bios from acer site v1.02 from the bios section. notebook, aspire , 5741g , bios section , v1.02 i updated it . it is still not charging . in the read me its written this DOS: Run "BIOS.BAT" to flash BIOS in pure DOS environment.
Windows: Run "Insyde_Winflash.exe" to flash BIOS in Windows x86/x64 OS.

i did the sec thing which is written in windows i ran the insyde_winflash.exe. now how to run bios.bat to flash bios in pure dos environment pls show me. bcoz i recieved 2 files one dos and one windows. in the dos file when i want to run bios.bat it says cannot recognize sprom something even i said run as administrator also. it says cannot recognise sprom. so pls tell me how to run the dos bios.bat to flash in pure dos environment some one show me any one who reads my mail and wants to help me out pls first add me on yahoo messenger maqboolmozawala@yahoo.com so that we can have voice chat
my problem will be solved fast thanks.

pls reply me soon thanks friends

unksol

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
don't post your email in a public forum or you will get spammed.

DOS requires a dos boot disk, however you already ran the flash in windows so you have no reason to do that.

The battery calibration is probably off or the battery is bad. There should be an option in the BIOS to run a battery calibration cycle.

maqbool16

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
hi unksol,

pls give me a valid answer which would be helpful and i will try it at that same time it should start charging normally like how i had purchased my laptop and it was charging normally thanks reply soon? acer aspire 5741g .

pls some one help me my laptop doesnt charge 100%. pls give me a good answer for this question which could help me out charging normally like before thanks all my friends.

unksol

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
That is a valid answer. Laptop batteries track their charge cycles. They also decay over time. its entirely possible for it to be fully charged but report being at 93%. This is what the battery conditioning is for in the BIOS. It runs the battery through cycles to recalibrate where the full and empty (0-100%) points are. If you refuse to try to fix your issue that is your choice