Battery status always at "plugged in"

mugglearchitect

Commendable
May 23, 2016
Hi!

I have a problem. I noticed yesterday that when I connected an adapter to my Asus laptop it says "plugged in, not charging" (light flashing green/orange). When I saw this, I did the usual stuff I saw here like updating the driver, restarting, and pressing the power button for more than 20 seconds.

After doing this, it finally charged my laptop (light: orange). However after it reached 95% (light: green), I disconnected it and the status still says it's charging and plugged in. Though the battery percentage decreases.

I shut it down (light: still on, flashing green/orange), hoping it will fix itself after a day. Now, I opened it again, status again says "plugged in not charging", even if it is not connected to anything.

Please help, this has become bothersome. Thanks!

TL;DR- battery always at "plugged in" even if it is unplugged and status stays the same (charging or not charging) as if it doesn't detect any adapter being plugged to it.

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to uninstall/reinstall the battery complaint driver in Device Manager.
- If it will not work, do test the AC adapter and battery.
- Remove the battery off the laptop then connect just the AC adapter and see if it will boot up.
- If the laptop will boot up normally without the battery, connect the battery back in once on and see if it will charge.
- But if the laptop will NOT boot up without the battery that could only mean that the problem is the AC adapter.
- Do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will work.

Hopefully this steps will help.

mugglearchitect

Commendable
May 23, 2016

Hi. I did what I can do but nothing. Now what is happening is that the battery icon changes to plug or unplugged so fast like christmas lights! I'm wondering if I am having a hardware problem...