Battery stops the Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenn_1

Commendable
May 19, 2016
Hi,

I have a problem with my HP Pavillion 15, Notebook Keyboard.
I had a battery that was not holding power for a while. One day, I woke up my Notebook and the Keyboard was not functioning. When I plugged it on Power, my Keyboard worked, but when I plugged it on AC, when the battery was in its place, it failed to work. Even to this day, it only works when its on AC, I replaced the battery and still, with the battery, Keyboard stops working completely. I have tried troubleshooting keyboard and Battery problems and nothing is working.
Is there someone out there who can be kind enough to assist me to know where the problem is. Please post something, I will greatly appreciate.

Home Chief

Reactions: Saurabh13c
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to uninstall/reinstall the keyboard driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the keyboard driver.
- Reboot the laptop once the driver has been uninstalled and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- After the reboot, do test it again and see if the same problem will persist with the battery in.
- If it will still not work, do also uninstall/reinstall the battery driver from Device Manager as well.
- And lastly, if all these will not work I would suggest reinstalling Windows as the last option.

Status
Not open for further replies.