Battery 'time remaining' wrong? pls help

Romi_1432

Commendable
Sep 18, 2016
Hi,
So when I'm using my laptop on battery power it says, '20 min (100%)'. So then 20 mins later it would say, '0 min (3%)'. And then it would last another hour or so till it turns off.
Thank you.

Barty1884

Admirable
Estimated battery time remaining is not an exact science - infact, it's kind of a 'best guess' situation based on your recent useage.
*Consider gaming for 20mins - the laptop reasonably assumes that's what you'll be doing in the near future & will guess based on that. If you switch to basic web browsing or MS Office work, the demands are totally different

There's really not a lot you can do about it - updates to the OS may implement changes to the algorithm, but it's never going to be exact.

There are a few third-party programs that use different calculations etc, perhaps you'll find one of those to be more 'accurate'? (You have to accept they'll never be exact, as there are too many variables)

Barty1884

Admirable
Estimated battery time remaining is not an exact science - infact, it's kind of a 'best guess' situation based on your recent useage.
*Consider gaming for 20mins - the laptop reasonably assumes that's what you'll be doing in the near future & will guess based on that. If you switch to basic web browsing or MS Office work, the demands are totally different

There's really not a lot you can do about it - updates to the OS may implement changes to the algorithm, but it's never going to be exact.

There are a few third-party programs that use different calculations etc, perhaps you'll find one of those to be more 'accurate'? (You have to accept they'll never be exact, as there are too many variables)

Romi_1432

Commendable
Sep 18, 2016

Thanks

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Laptop Tech Support 4
T Laptop Tech Support 4
R Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 2