Solved! Battery wear level too high

JC Dizon

Estimable
Dec 22, 2014
IJjmFcq.png

My parents bought me an Asus Laptop on the 5th of April 2015 it was a grad gift. They bought the laptop for me since my university requires a laptop for every students who enrolled IT as their course.

After 3 months, the battery wear is already like 13%!!! So meaning, everytime I charge the laptop, I only get 87% as full charge instead of 100%. I know every laptop degrades every use but I think a 13% wear level is just too much and my school haven't even started.

I charge the laptop when it's like 20 or 30% 'cause I've heard the discharging the laptop ruins the battery so I avoid doing that.
My question is, will ASUS consider replacing the battery since the laptop is only like 3 months old.

Here's a proof on how my usage significantly dropped during the past few days
yXoNWzO.png

Solution
What was the battery wear when you first got it? Sometimes certain computers simulate "wear" to prevent deep charge cycles and therefore prolong battery life. Also, keep watching the wear level, it may stay at ~13% which indicates that you should be fine, for now.

Cristi72

Estimable
Jun 25, 2014
Hello,

The best way to prolonge battery life is to follow to the letter the Asus' recommendation from the manual, as batteries have reduced warranty. On the other hand, from the usage scenario it seems your laptop runs longer from the battery instead of using the AC adapter; you are using it mostly on the run or just at the desk?

Joe_271

Prominent
Jul 20, 2017
What was the battery wear when you first got it? Sometimes certain computers simulate "wear" to prevent deep charge cycles and therefore prolong battery life. Also, keep watching the wear level, it may stay at ~13% which indicates that you should be fine, for now.

Solution